- Finding the Right Indoor Plants for Desert Your Home - April 28, 2023
- Common Misunderstanding About Sun Exposure - April 18, 2023
- All about the Arizona Monsoon Season - May 21, 2021
At CC Sunscreens, we are proud to use Textilene brand solar screen fabric, who are industry leaders in the screen technology. Solar screen technology is the heart and soul of the work we do here, but did you know there are other interesting ways to use screen fabric other than on your windows or patio? Although we do not recommend do-it-yourself projects when it comes to your window screens or patios, it is possible to purchase solar screen fabric without frames.
- At the Beach. Whether you own a beach house or are simply renting, hanging solar screen fabric from the ceilings on the outside of windows or sliding glass doors will greatly reduce the heat and energy costs at your beach getaway. It will also reduce passive heat. Passive heat happens when sunlight reaches your walls, floors and furniture, and those items then release heat into the room. As an added bonus, adding solar screen fabric to your beach house may help block some of the less inciting views at the beach – like the guy sweating profusely in a speedo!
- In the Car. Most of us Arizonians would not even consider bearing a summer without a windshield shade. For added protection or even as a replacement, consider using solar screen fabric instead! Use solar screen fabric on your back windows or put it up in your windshield when leaving your car for your workday. Just as solar screens block 80-90% of the sun’s harmful rays from reaching your home, sun screen fabric will block the rays from reaching your car and heating it up. Maybe this way we’ll be able to keep the oven mitts in the kitchen!
- On Your Skylight. Skylights are a beautiful addition to many homes, and allow gorgeous natural light to flood the room. Although a unique feature, skylights allow harmful UV rays into your home, and also keep your air conditioner working hard. Don’t try to cover your skylights with solar screen fabric yourself, at CC Sunscreens, we can install solar screens on your skylights along with the rest of your windows or your patio.
What Makes Textilene Stand Out
With all this talk about sun screen fabric, we thought we might delve a little deeper into what makes the Textilene brand solar fabric the absolute best. Textilene is an extremely durable solar screen, patio screen or patio furniture fabric made of tightly woven polyester. Each strand of the polyester is coated with poly-vinyl chloride (PVC) and heat set. This process makes Textilene specifically suited for outdoor use – and protects the screens from abrasions, fading, and sun damage. Biocides are also included in the manufacture of Textilene, reducing the risk of mold or mildew growth. The specially formulated PVC coating also blocks heat transfer – thus keeping heat from passing through it.
Using Solar Screens the Old Fashioned Way
Of course, our favorite way to use solar screen fabric (especially Textilene brand fabric) is on your windows or patio. Sun screens on your windows will keep the sun’s harmful UV rays from even reaching your windows. Blocking these rays will protect your furniture, window treatments or flooring from fading. Most importantly, blocking UV rays also keeps your family safe when inside. It is also estimated that sun screens installed by CC Sunscreens block 48% of the sun’s heat. Your wallet and air conditioner will definitely than you! When less sunlight has the opportunity to heat your home, the less your air conditioner needs to work. SRP estimates a decrease of about 25% of your energy bill each and every month with solar screens.
Why Choose CC Sunscreens
At CC Sunscreens, we are proud to be industry leaders in the valley for solar screens and patio shades. Call us any time to find out for yourself how we have earned such rave reviews on sites such as Angie’s List, Yelp, and the BBB. Whether you are just seeking initial information or are ready to install screens, reach out to us. One of our friendly team members will be happy to discuss any questions you may have and also schedule your free, no-hassle, no-obligation, in-home consultation and quote today!